EKO invests in projects and companies that create environmental value, as well as advising landowners, companies, investors and government agencies that can benefit from existing and emerging environmental markets.
EKO will therefore:
- Invest or co-invest in the development of offset credits destined for environmental markets derived from land-based assets (e.g., carbon credits from avoided deforestation projects in developing countries);
- Invest in the development of unrecognized environmental assets with a view to profiting from their sale in emerging environmental markets;
- Invest in companies that are poised to profit from these emerging markets (e.g., carbon project developers, mitigation bankers, etc.);
- Structure joint ventures and special purpose vehicles for investment in environmental assets, credits, or companies in the environmental market space; and
- Provide advisory services to companies, governments/agencies and investment organizations interested in better understanding how to monetize and invest in environmental assets.
- After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager."
- —William S. Burroughs
- Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
- —Lao Tzu